Sunday, September 7, 2008

Landslides in Penang

I came to know that September is a rainy month several years ago. I am from the public bus service industry and from our record our fare collection is the lowest in September each year.

So, it is no surprise that there are floods and landslides in Penang yesterday. There are landslides in practically all the hilly areas.

Yesterday, I went hiking in the morning from Youth Park to Point No 3 and No 5 towards Point 84 but have to turn back because there was a landslide halfway between No 5 and 84. It is practically impassable. I wonder whether an d when the state council would clear up the trail since it is deep in the hill and used only by hikers and some mountain bikers?

I returned using the trail ending at Moon Gate. I dont know what is the trail name.

No comments: